Made Here: Recipes & Reflections From NYC's Asian Communities
One of Vogue's Best Cookbooks of Fall 2023
This is a pre-order product that will ship in November 2023. Currently ships to the contiguous U.S. only. Shipping costs $5.50 per book.
100% of net proceeds of this cookbook will go back to funding Send Chinatown Love’s community-building efforts.
Made Here is more than just a cookbook. Restaurants and businesses across New York City have not only shared their recipes, but also an intimate, behind-the-scenes view into their kitchens and the people behind them. Get up and close and personal via evocative storytelling and striking photography, all while learning to make signature dishes from more than 18 cuisines including Vietnamese, Korean, Burmese, Indonesian, Filipino, Taiwanese, Tibetan, Thai, Malaysian, Singaporean and Indian.
Featured in this 352-page book:
- Full-color closeups of dishes
- Detailed hand-drawn illustrations
- Narratives and interviews that take you on a journey through New York and beyond
- Essays that offer context into what’s on your plate
- Burmese Bites - Burmese Udon Noodle Salad
- Thai Diner - Som Tum
- Awang Kitchen - Tahu Gejrot
- Fat Choy - Vegetable Longevity Noodles
- Hana Makgeolli - Ginseng Makgeolli Old Fashioned
- Kora - Barako Coffee & Chocolate Choux Au Craquelin
- Northern Wang Mandoo - Kimchi Pork Dumplings
- Independently published by Send Chinatown Love
- 352 pages | 8.5” x 11”